Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan: Aid agencies appeal for $1.5 billion to reach 5.7 million people with life-saving assistance
- 15,000 children without parents or missing, five years after outbreak of fighting in South Sudan
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Access Snapshot (November 2018)
- Accessing South Sudan: Humanitarian Aid in a Time of Crisis
Overall, the food security situation in the region is still slightly improving, confirming the trend registered over the past 3-4 months. Those improvements follow the above-normal to normal harvests from the past long rains season and good rangeland conditions.
Innovating new approaches to chronic vulnerability in a critical year
In 2011, Sudan will mark six years of relative peace since the Comprehensive Peace Agreement ended over 21 years of civil war between north and south. It is also the year in which the southern states and Abyei area will vote in critical referenda on their political status. Meanwhile, efforts will continue to find a lasting settlement to the crisis in Darfur.
The humanitarian Country Team endorsed three strategic priorities for 2011.