Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: Thousands of men, women and children caught between the frontlines are unable to reach essential food, water and healthcare
- South Sudanese peace talks in Ethiopia extended in the hope warring parties can reach agreement
- South Sudan suffering on ‘almost unimaginable scale’, warns UN relief chief
- South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 5 | 23 May 2018
- Urgent action needed to prevent famine in South Sudan - OXFAM
SOUTH SUDAN – Conflict
• Relocation and evacuation of humanitarian staff by UN Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) has continued in several places (Unity, Jonglei, Juba). It is estimated that at least 62 000 people have been displaced due to the violence across the country (OCHA).
• Some 42 000 have sought refuge in UNMISS bases in Bentiu, Bor, Pibor and Juba. Provision of assistance is a major challenge, notably outside Juba. In Juba, the humanitarian response is under way.
• Situation in Juba: tense but stable.