Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN human rights experts call for perpetrators of widespread human rights violations to be brought to justice in South Sudan
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 52: 23 - 29 December 2017 (Data as reported by 17:00; 29 December 2017)
- The struggle to survive South Sudan’s hunger season
- South Sudan investigates the suspected Viral Haemorrhagic Fever outbreak in Yirol East, Eastern Lakes State
- WFP South Sudan Food Security and Nutrition Monitoring Bulletin – Round 20, December 2017
SOUTH SUDAN – Conflict
• Relocation and evacuation of humanitarian staff by UN Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) has continued in several places (Unity, Jonglei, Juba). It is estimated that at least 62 000 people have been displaced due to the violence across the country (OCHA).
• Some 42 000 have sought refuge in UNMISS bases in Bentiu, Bor, Pibor and Juba. Provision of assistance is a major challenge, notably outside Juba. In Juba, the humanitarian response is under way.
• Situation in Juba: tense but stable.