Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN human rights experts call for perpetrators of widespread human rights violations to be brought to justice in South Sudan
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 52: 23 - 29 December 2017 (Data as reported by 17:00; 29 December 2017)
- The struggle to survive South Sudan’s hunger season
- South Sudan investigates the suspected Viral Haemorrhagic Fever outbreak in Yirol East, Eastern Lakes State
- WFP South Sudan Food Security and Nutrition Monitoring Bulletin – Round 20, December 2017
En esta octava edición del Anuario de Procesos de Paz se analizan los conflictos en los que se llevan a cabo negociaciones para llegar a un acuerdo de paz, con independencia de que estas negociaciones estén formalizadas, se encuentren en fase exploratoria, transcurran satisfactoriamente o, por el contrario, se encuentren estancadas o en plena crisis. También se analizan algunos casos donde las negociaciones o exploraciones son parciales, es decir, que no abarcan la totalidad de los grupos armados presentes en un país (caso de la India, por ejemplo).
Speakers Deplore Syria Crisis, Warn against Neglecting Climate Impacts
Sixty-eighth General Assembly
8th, 9th & 10th Meetings (AM, PM & Night)
Deploring conflicts in Syria and elsewhere, world leaders highlighted the complementary relationship between peace and development today as the General Assembly entered the second day of its annual general debate.
As the ICRC Water and Habitat Unit celebrates its 30th anniversary, we look back at some of the ICRCs most significant water, sanitation and shelter operations over the last three decades.
In 1859, four years before the ICRC was formed, our founder Henry Dunant made water one of his priorities as he struggled to help wounded soldiers after the Battle of Solferino. Thirty years ago, our awareness of the essential role of water, sanitation and habitat for the victims of conflict led us to create the Water and Habitat Unit, known as "WatHab."
• The global cereal price index increased by 9% on a year-on-year basis in the April-June 2013 quarter, mostly driven by nominal price rises of maize and wheat (+7% and +17%, respectively).
• However, on a quarterly basis (Q2 vs. Q1 2013), real global maize, wheat and rice prices2 fell by 5%, 1%, and 2%, respectively. The marked price drop for maize is driven by the improved global stock-to-use ratio of maize (+12% y/y).
UNEP Disasters and Conflicts Sub-Programme
This eighth edition of the Yearbook on Peace Processes analyses conflicts in which negotiations are being held to reach a peace agreement, regardless of whether these negotiations are formalised, are in the exploratory phase, are faring well or, to the contrary, are stalled or in the midst of crisis. It also analyses some cases in which negotiations or explorations are partial; that is, they do not include all the armed groups present in the country (such as the case of India, for example).
28.8 million internally displaced people worldwide in 2012, record high includes five-fold increase in Syria
GENEVA, 29 APRIL 2013: The number of people internally displaced by armed conflict, violence and human rights violations at the end of 2012 was 28.8 million, an increase of 2.4 million people on the previous year and the highest global figure ever reported by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).
The most important thing to know about theories of change is that they are intended to be helpful and practical. They are not an academic exercise to make your work more difficult, but instead, a tool to improve the design, implementation and assessment of your programs.
Media Note Office of the Spokesperson
February 11, 2013
The United States is pleased to announce an initial contribution of over $171 million toward the 2013 operations of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Prefacio del Director Ejecutivo
Acción Humanitaria para la Infancia 2013
A primera vista, Fatima aparentaba tener unos 4 o 5 meses. Pero, en realidad, acababa de cumplir su primer año de vida. Estaba entre los 126.000 niños con desnutrición aguda grave tratados en uno de los 425 centros nutricionales establecidos por el Ministerio de Salud de Chad en 2012 como parte de la expansión de la atención en todo el Sahel. Se llegó a cientos de miles de niños con la atención necesaria para salvar sus vidas. Tristemente, no se pudo llegar a otros muchos.
** Il faut 1,4 milliard de dollars É.-U. maintenant pour les enfants qui vivent dans des situations de crise humanitaire, affirme l’UNICEF**
US$1.4 billion needed now for children in humanitarian crisis says UNICEF
GENEVA, 25 January 2013 – UNICEF appealed today for almost US$1.4 billion to meet the immediate, life-saving needs of children in 45 countries and regions gripped by conflict, natural disasters and other complex emergencies this year. Funds raised by the annual appeal will also go towards improving disaster preparedness, and to strengthening the resilience of communities to withstand and minimize the impact of new shocks.