Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- The Ministry of Health of South Sudan successfully conducts its first ever diagnostic test for Ebola
- Violations and Abuses Against Civilians in Gbudue and Tambura States (Western Equatoria), April-August 2018
- One in two people face starvation in South Sudan, as extreme hunger hits more states
- Aid in Danger: Security Incident Data Analysis - East Africa (January 2017 - March 2018)
- Regional South Sudan Refugee Situation for Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda - September 2018
DUBAI, 31 December 2012 (IRIN) - The Middle East continued to boil in Year 2 of what was once an Arab “Spring” with the ever-worsening conflict in Syria, toxic spillover into Lebanon, deadly clashes in Egypt, proliferation of weapons in Libya, assassinations and bomb blasts in Yemen, emboldened insurgents in Iraq and continued protests in Jordan.
Weekly registration: 24-30 December 2012
During the current week (24 - 30 December) 917 individuals have been registered;
Out of 917 individuals, all are new arrivals and no new births.
61.7% of new arrivals are minors and 38.3% are above 18 years
52.1% are female,47.9% are male;
Rejections: 10 individuals have been rejected for the following reasons:- 3 recyclers;- 7 active combatant;- 0 visitors;
December 29, 2012 (BOR) - Seven people have been killed and two wounded in a raid in Mareng, the Duk county headquarters, Phillip Thon Leek, the area member of parliament told Sudan Tribune on Saturday.
The attack, which took place on Friday, is suspected to have been carried out by Murle raiders loyal to rebel leader David Yau Yau. Over 180 cows, according to Thon, were stolen during the raid.
Over 30 humanitarian crises face South Sudan as 2012 comes to a close. Aid agencies are focused on responding to the needs of over 200,000 refugees, the majority having fled conflict in Sudan. Food insecurity also drives the humanitarian situation, with 2.7 million food insecure people being fed in 2012, as of November. Insecurity in several northern states in December highlighted the fragility of the humanitarian situation.
2012 a vu une augmentation constante du nombre de personnes deplacées internes, passant de 1,7 millions en décembre 2011 à près de 2,7 millions en décembre 2012. L'est du pays est demeuré très instable dû à l'insécurité née de la présence des différents groupes armés- au Katanga, la population déplacée interne a quintuplé.
La persistence et la resurgence de plusieurs maladies ont fragilisé des communautes déjà démunies. Dans le reste du pays, des poches humanitaires surgissent, le défi principal étant les programmes de développement.
The United Nations Focal Point for Mine Action
UNMAS is the United Nations focal point for mine action. Fourteen entities are working together in the United Nations system to implement the United Nations vision of a world free from the threat of mine, and explosive remnants of war (ERW) including cluster munitions. UNMAS leads that effort in six key areas:
• Survey, mark, fence-off, and clear explosive hazards, including mines, ERW, cluster munitions
UNEP Disasters and Conflicts Sub-Programme
In Darfur, approximately 3.5 million people currently receive food aid, including some 1.4 million in camps.
Some 56,000 people remain displaced mostly in Agok and South Sudan. Of 105,000 who ed in may 2011, some 35,000 returned quickly to areas south of the Bahr Al Arab/Kiir river, and 14,000 others returned to areas north of the river.
Gros plan sur l'humanitaire en 2012, une année qui a connu son lot de drames et de crises qui ont affectés des populations suite aux conflits armés, aux catastrophes naturelles ou encore au changement climatique.
Le Mali, la République démocratique du Congo, la Somalie, le Soudan et le Soudan du Sud, la Syrie, le Pakistan, l'Afghanistan, le Myanmar ou encore Haïti, sont autant de pays qui ont nécessité un appui humanitaire en 2012.
By Genine Babakian
KABUL, Afghanistan, 27 December 2012 - During this year’s World Day of Prayer and Action for Children, thousands of worshippers in hundreds of mosques across Afghanistan listened to and participated in discussions that focused on preventing child marriage and corporal punishment, and on the importance of birth registration – all through the lens of Islam.
Weekly registration: 17-23 December 2012
During the current week (17 - 23 December) 978 individuals have been registered;
Out of 978 individuals, all are new arrivals and no new births.
65.9% of new arrivals are minors and 34,1% are above 18 y.o.
54.9% are female,45.1% are male;
Rejections: 8 individuals have been rejected for the following reasons:
1 active combatant;
The registration team has identified:
• New arrivals to Jamam camp report aerial bombardments
• Uptick in shelter blazes in Yida prompts fire safety training
• Number of individuals from Aru County, DRC seeking safety significantly decreases
• In West Africa, food prices were stable or decreased in November as staple food availability continued to improve with the ongoing marketing season. Some earlier-than-anticipated price increases occurred in region’s urban centers and structurally-deficit zones due to limited commodity flows from surplusproducing areas.
YIDA, South Sudan, Dec 27 (UNHCR) – Technology is changing all spheres of life, including humanitarian interventions. In South Sudan, UNHCR is using satellite imagery, interactive mapping, digital fingerprinting and text messaging to strengthen refugee protection, help the most vulnerable and reach out to refugees in urban areas.
• Fighting in Shangil Tobaya and Tawila localities in North Darfur displaces 1,200 people, according to UNAMID.
• Some 4,500 people have returned to their homes in South Kordofan, according to media reports.
• Malaria on the decline in Sudan, according to the WHO
Violence in Wau, Western Bahr el Ghazal results in temporary displacement of 5,000 civilians in UN mission
Number of new arrivals from Democratic Republic of Congo decreases significantly
Aid agencies respond to 4,000 displaced people in Jaac, Northern Bahr el Ghazal State