Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2019
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan - Refugees Statistics as of 31 December 2018
- South Sudan: Physical Access Constraints Map as of 18 January 2019
- Former long-standing rival communities in Lakes region sign historic peace deal
- WFP South Sudan Situation Report #237, 19 January 2019
- Large aircraft bomb defused by UN Mine Action Service to protect families in Juba
The Dominican Republic takes on the presidency of the Security Council in January. As its signature event it has chosen to hold an open debate on the impact of climate-related disasters on international peace and security, which will be chaired by President Danilo Medina of the Dominican Republic.
In October, Bolivia assumes the presidency of the Council. Early in the month a Council visiting mission to the DRC is planned, focused on the upcoming elections. Following the return of the Council delegation, there will be a briefing to the Council by the trip co-leads (Bolivia, Equatorial Guinea and France). Special Representative of the Secretary-General Leila Zerrougui is also scheduled to brief on the activities of the UN mission in the DRC.
Global Overview JULY 2018
Project and Document Summary
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 40,944 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea through the first 171 days of 2018. That total compares to 84,675 at this time last year, and over 215,997 at this time in 2016.
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 40,073 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea through the first 24 weeks of 2018.
That total compares to 80,683 at this time last year, and over 215,000 at this time in 2016.
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Global Overview MARCH 2018
During 2017, almost 38,900 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement1 to 25 countries in Europe,2 36% more than during 2016 and over three times greater than the average rate of 12,400 submissions per year during the last decade.
Between 2007 and 2016, Europe’s proportion of resettlement sub-missions globally has increased from approximately 9% to more than 18%, and in 2017 reached 52%. This is primarily due to a significant decrease globally in new submissions for resettlement, most notably to the United States of America.
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
L’Asie centrale et le Moyen-Orient seront au nombre des priorités du programme de travail du Conseil de sécurité au mois de janvier, a indiqué, cet après-midi, le Représentant permanent du Kazakhstan auprès des Nations Unies, M. Kairat Umarov, dont le pays assume « pour la première fois » la présidence mensuelle de l’organe chargé du maintien de la paix et de la sécurité internationales.
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
Improving the mediation of armed conflict
A global series of mediation retreats
The Oslo Forum is widely acknowledged as the leading international network of conflict mediation practitioners. Co-hosted by the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Oslo Forum regularly convenes conflict mediators, high-level decision-makers and key peace process actors in a series of informal and discreet retreats.