- Gov't of the Republic of South Sudan.WHO: Cholera Situation and Response Updates, 8 Dec 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
13 November 2017: Save the Children announced that it had fired 16 staff over reports of sexual violence in the past year. Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
World Humanitarian Data and Trends presents global and country-level data-and-trend analysis about humanitarian crises and assistance. Its purpose is to consolidate this information and present it in an accessible way, providing policymakers, researchers and humanitarian practitioners with an evidence base to support humanitarian policy decisions and provide context for operational decisions.
The information presented covers two main areas: humanitarian needs and assistance in 2016, and humanitarian trends, challenges and opportunities.
↗ International prices of wheat and maize remained relatively stable in November, reflecting good supply conditions, while export quotations of rice strengthened amid increased buying interest and currency movements.
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 50 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key new and ongoing events, including:
- Declaration of end of Marburg virus disease outbreak in Uganda
- Influenza A H1N1 in Ghana
- Listeriosis in South Africa
- Cholera in Zambia
- Dengue fever in Senegal
Humanitarian crisis in South Sudan.
8125th Meeting (AM)
Nearly five years after parties signed the cooperation framework for the Great Lakes region, the Security Council reiterated today its call for States to abide by the commitment to non‑interference in the internal affairs of neighbours and the prohibition against abetting armed groups or war criminals.
7 décembre 2017 – Trente-sept pays, dont 29 se trouvant en Afrique, ont besoin d'une aide alimentaire externe, a mis en garde jeudi l'Organisation des Nations Unies pour l'alimentation et l'agriculture (FAO) dans son dernier rapport sur les 'Perspectives de récolte et la situation alimentaire'.
Pays nécessitant une aide alimentaire extérieure
This brief summarizes FEWS NET’s most forward-looking analysis of projected emergency food assistance needs in FEWS NET coverage countries. The projected size of each country’s acutely food insecure population (IPC Phase 3 and higher) is compared to last year and the recent five-year average and categorized as Higher ( p), Similar ( u), or Lower ( ). Countries where external emergency food assistance needs are anticipated are identified. Projected lean season months highlighted in red indicate either an early start or an extension to the typical lean season.
Strong cereal harvests are keeping global food supplies buoyant, but localised drought, flooding and protracted conflicts have intensified and perpetuated food insecurity, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report. Some 37 countries, 29 of which are in Africa, require external assistance for food, according to the report.
568.8 M required for 2017 including special situations
216.6 M contributions received, representing 38% of requirements
352.2 M overall funding gap for Uganda
All figures are displayed in USD
Le Haut Commissariat des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés (HCR) a soutenu les autorités congolaises dans l’ouverture de deux nouveaux sites de réfugiés à l’est et au nord-est de la République Démocratique du Congo (RDC), afin de pouvoir assurer la protection d’un nombre grandissant de réfugiés dans le pays. Les nouveaux sites se trouvent à proximité de la ville de Baraka, dans la province du Sud-Kivu, et de Dungu, dans la province de Haut-Uélé.
1 décembre 2017 – L'ONU a réclamé vendredi 22,5 milliards de dollars pour soutenir les personnes touchées par les conflits et les catastrophes dans le monde en 2018.
Un appel record que les Nations Unies justifient par le fait que 136 millions de personnes auront besoin d'une assistance humanitaire dans 26 pays.
I’m really thrilled to be here today to launch the Global Humanitarian Overview for 2018 This is the world’s most comprehensive, authoritative, and sophisticated assessment of humanitarian need in the year ahead.
It is based on data gathered from hundreds of different sources, including from hundreds of thousands of face-to-face interviews with people affected by humanitarian crises across the 30 or 40 countries where we expect to need to deliver a humanitarian response in 2018.
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) monitors trends in staple food prices in countries vulnerable to food insecurity. For each FEWS NET country and region, the Price Bulletin provides a set of charts showing monthly prices in the current marketing year in selected urban centers and allowing users to compare current trends with both five-year average prices, indicative of seasonal trends, and prices in the previous year.