Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Ahead of peace talks, a who’s who in South Sudan’s splintering civil war
- Humanitarian Coordinator condemns killing of aid worker, calls for the release of seven others held by armed group
- Hundreds of children released from armed groups in South Sudan - UNICEF
- GIEWS Country Brief: South Sudan 29-March-2018
- A Region on the Move: Migration trends in the East & Horn of Africa, 2017
The education and development of so many children was disrupted this year by humanitarian emergencies - we look at some of the stories of despair and dreams.
One in four of the world’s school-age children - nearly 500 million - live in countries affected by humanitarian crises such as conflicts, natural disasters and disease outbreaks.
About 75 million children are either already missing out on their education, receiving poor quality schooling or at risk of dropping out of school altogether.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 11-17 September 2016 and includes updates on Zika virus, West Nile fever and MERS.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 28 August - 3 September 2016 and includes updates on Zika virus, yellow fever, West Nile fever and cholera.