- Gov't of the Republic of South Sudan.WHO: Cholera Situation and Response Updates, 8 Dec 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
- South Sudan UNHCR Operational Update 22/2017, 16-30 November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock: Statement to the Security Council on the humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 07 December 2017
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
↗ International prices of wheat and maize remained relatively stable in November, reflecting good supply conditions, while export quotations of rice strengthened amid increased buying interest and currency movements.
The benchmark US wheat price declined in October mostly because of higher supply prospects while maize quotations firmed due to rain-induced harvest delays. International rice prices strengthened in October, mainly reflecting seasonally tight Japonica and fragrant supplies.
International prices of wheat increased in September mostly because of weather-related concerns, while maize quotations fell further on crop harvest pressure. International rice prices remained generally firm, supported by seasonally tight availabilities of fragrant rice and strong demand for higher quality Indica supplies.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Selon le chef du HCR, la communauté internationale abandonne des millions de réfugiés et de personnes déplacées internes à leur sort.
Par Jonathan Clayton
GENÈVE - Appelant à des efforts internationaux renouvelés pour prévenir et résoudre les conflits, le chef du HCR Filippo Grandi a déclaré aujourd’hui que la communauté internationale abandonnait des millions de réfugiés et de personnes déplacées internes à leur sort. Par ailleurs, il a exhorté un « monde en mutation rapide » à adopter une nouvelle approche en matière de protection et de solutions durables.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
A year ago, States gathered in New York to reaffirm the fundamental values of solidarity and protection for people forced into exile.
They agreed to share responsibility for embedding them in practical action.
And they decided to address and resolve refugee flows through a new model that places the rights, interests and potential of refugees and of their hosts at the heart of a comprehensive response.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Realising this ambition has never been more urgent.
International prices of wheat dipped in August, after increasing in the past few months, following an upturn in production prospects in the Black Sea region which improved the 2017 global supply outlook.
Maize quotations also fell on improved weather conditions and abundant global supplies. International prices of rice were relatively stable, although price movements were mixed across the different rice market segments.
↗ International wheat prices generally increased in June on quality concerns amid unfavourable growing conditions for the 2017 crops in some key producing countries. Export prices of maize remained generally unchanged, while rice quotations continued to increase mainly on account of strong demand.
70 YEARS AND COUNTING
Seven decades ago, the world was recovering from a devastating world war. For millions of child survivors of that war, peace still encompassed a landscape of significant challenges and damaged futures. UNICEF was created to help those children – no matter who they were, no matter where they were from. The only thing that mattered for the nascent organization was achieving results for children in need.
EN DEUDA CON LA NIÑEZ
Al menos 700 millones de niños y niñas en el mundo —y probablemente cientos de millones más— han dejado de disfrutar de su niñez demasiado temprano. Esto se debe a una variedad de causas, como enfermedades, conflictos, la violencia extrema, el matrimonio infantil, el embarazo precoz, la malnutrición, la exclusión de la educación y el trabajo infantil.
DES ENFANCES VOLÉES
Au moins 700 millions d’enfants à travers le monde (et sans doute des centaines de millions d’autres) sortent de l’enfance trop tôt. Les principales raisons incluent les problèmes de santé, les conflits, la violence extrême, le mariage des enfants, les grossesses précoces, la malnutrition, la privation d’éducation et le travail des enfants.
For at least 700 million children worldwide – and perhaps hundreds of millions more – childhood has ended too soon. The major reasons included poor health, confl ict, extreme violence, child marriage, early pregnancy, malnutrition, exclusion from education and child labor.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 21 May - 27 May 2017 and includes updates on influenza, hepatitis A, cholera, Ebola virus disease and Legionnaires' disease.
By Dr Margaret Chan, Director-General, WHO
13 APRIL 2017 - Today we begin the launch of “Ten years in public health 2007-2017” – a report that chronicles the evolution of global public health over the decade that I have served as Director-General at WHO.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 19-25 March 2017 and includes updates on influenza, Legionnaires' disease and rubella.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 12-18 March 2017 and includes updates on cholera, measles and Legionnaires disease.