Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2019
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- Conflict-related sexual violence in Northern Unity (September - December 2018)
- Youngest Casualties of War: More Child Soldiers to Be Released in South Sudan
- More than 3,000 children released from armed groups in South Sudan since conflict began, but thousands more continue to be used
- South Sudan conducts an Ebola Tabletop Exercise
- With support from WHO, the Ministry of Health to rollout Mobile Phone-Based Surveillance System to every health facility in South Sudan
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Rainfall remains well below-average during peak rainy season in the Horn of Africa
Africa Weather Hazards
Light, uneven rainfall since late February has resulted in moderate to locally strong moisture deficits in many parts of southern South Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, southern Somalia, and northern Tanzania.