Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- South Sudan: UK aid agencies warn that peace will only hold if the voices of all South Sudanese are heard
- 'Anything that was breathing was killed': War crimes in Leer and Mayendit
- SPLM-IO Liberation Council endorses South Sudan revitalized peace agreement
- Secretary-General calls revitalized agreement to resolve conflict in South Sudan ‘a positive and significant development’
- South Sudan: Site Profile | Wau PoC Area Adjacent to UNMISS, August 2018
Recent seasonal rainfall helps partially alleviate abnormal dryness in East Africa
Despite rainfall during early March, significant long-term moisture deficits remain throughout central and eastern Madagascar due to very poor rains earlier in the season.
Inconsistent rainfall since late December have led to moisture deficits and deteriorating ground conditions across many parts of western Angola.
Despite recent rainfall, seasonal rain remains below-average across much of East Africa
Africa Weather Hazards
Below-average rainfall accumulations since late February have resulted in significant moisture deficits, which have already negatively impacted agricultural and pastoral activities in many parts of southern South Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, southern Somalia, and northern Tanzania.
Dryness remains in the Greater Horn of Africa
Africa Weather Hazards
Below-average and erratic rainfall since December has resulted in strong moisture deficits and degraded ground conditions. However, above-average rainfall since March has helped to alleviate seasonal dryness.
Despite an increase in moisture following the passage of Tropical Cyclone Enawo during early March, long- term moisture deficits remain due to very poor rains earlier in the season throughout central and eastern Madagascar.
Snapshot 1–7 July 2015
Syria: Civilian deaths made up 81% of the total death toll in June, which was 2,137, bringing the total number of people killed so far in 2015 to 11,000. 705,000 people have been displaced in the first five months of this year: 439,000 were internally displaced, and the vast majority of the rest fled to Turkey.