Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: Thousands of men, women and children caught between the frontlines are unable to reach essential food, water and healthcare
- South Sudan suffering on ‘almost unimaginable scale’, warns UN relief chief
- Urgent action needed to prevent famine in South Sudan - OXFAM
- Navigating the Competing Interests of Regional Actors in South Sudan
- South Sudan: Emergency Dashboard, May 2018
From January to December 2017 the Logistics Cluster has supported 512 organisations, including national and international NGOs, UN agencies, foundations, civil society organisations and government agencies across 13 operations.
From responding to Hurricane Maria to announcing a unique way to fund our efforts to reduce maternal and newborn deaths, USAID was busy in 2017 ensuring its assistance to developing countries would have the greatest impact possible.
Check out USAID's list of 10 stories from last year that highlight just a few examples that demonstrate aid works.
See the photostory here
The Global Humanitarian Overview
Is the world’s most comprehensive, authoritative and evidence-based assessment of humanitarian needs;
Is based on detailed analysis of wide-ranging data from many different sources, and face-to-face interviews with hundreds of thousands of people directly affected by humanitarian crises across the globe;
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The Global Early Warning – Early Action (EWEA) report on food security and agriculture is developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
The report is part of FAO’s EWEA system, which aims to translate forecasts and early warnings into anticipatory action.