Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- WFP Completes First Food Delivery by Boat in Upper Nile
- One year on from famine declaration, more South Sudanese are going hungry
- Hungry for Peace: Exploring the Links Between Conflict and Hunger in South Sudan (February 2018)
- Nearly two-thirds of the population in South Sudan at risk of rising hunger
Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS ) summary for January 2018 covering mixed migration events, trends and data for Djibouti, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia / Somaliland and Yemen.
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
Human Rights Council AFTERNOON
27 February 2018
The Human Rights Council this afternoon heard statements from dignitaries of 11 countries and two organizations and closed the second day of its high-level segment.
Edward Nalbandian, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Armenia, said Armenia continued to implement the national plan of action for human rights protection, had a good record of submission of national and follow-up reports to the treaty bodies, and would submit the Universal Periodic Review second mid-term report on a voluntary basis.
Along the Eastern Route (between the Horn of Africa and Yemen)
At the beginning of 2017, movement from Yemen was primarily influenced by the ongoing conflict that left approximately 2 million internally displaced people. However, the numbers of migrants arriving into Yemen from the Horn of Africa via the Red Sea, the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Aden, were slightly lower than in 2016 particularly along the Red Sea route due to reports of deportations from Yemen.
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
In 2017, Humanitarian Response Plans (HRPs) in the MENA region requested US$7.4 billion. The total amount received to date is $4.6 billion (62%), which leaves a shortfall of $2.8 billion (38%).
The Syria Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP) requested US$5.58 billion. The total amount received to date is $2.96 billion (53%), which leaves a shortfall of $2.62 billion (47%).