- UNICEF: Childhood under attack: The staggering impact of South Sudan’s crisis on children
- REACH: Southern Torit County Displacement and Service Access Brief: Torit County, Eastern Equatoria State, South Sudan, Nov 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 18 | 8 December 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMIS)
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan: 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) January - December 2018, December 2017
- 2018 South Sudan Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Save the Children statement in response to UN Humanitarian Coordinator Press Conference, Juba, 22.11.17
- South Sudan Humanitarian Coordinator condemns attack against civilians, aid workers in Duk County
- Farming together reaps multiple benefits for refugees and their South Sudanese hosts
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Assemblée générale Plénière
Soixante-douzième session, 19e à 22e séances plénières, Matin, après-midi & soir,
Le Ministre des affaires étrangères de la République populaire démocratique de Corée affirme que son programme nucléaire est purement dissuasif
Moyen-Orient, Soudan du Sud, Yémen, Myanmar et essor du terrorisme: face à la multiplication des conflits et des défis sur la scène internationale, de nombreux États Membres ont appelé aujourd’hui à une réforme urgente de l’Organisation des Nations Unies.
General Assembly Plenary
Seventy-second Session, 19th to 22nd Meetings (AM, PM & Night)
Small Island States Concerned about Access to Financial Markets, Illegal Fishing
Security, human rights and international law took centre stage at the General Assembly today, with States diverging over how best to preserve their stability in the face of existential threats, as the 193-member body entered the fifth day of its annual high-level debate.
Trafficking in persons, also known as modern slavery or human trafficking, is a crime involving the exploitation of someone for the purposes of compelled labor or a commercial sex act through the use of force, fraud, or coercion. Where a person younger than 18 is induced to perform a commercial sex act, it is a crime regardless of whether there is any force, fraud, or coercion. Victims can be anyone from around the world or right next door: women and men, adults and children, citizens and noncitizens alike.
Water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs represent vital components of USAID Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) responses to slow- and rapid-onset disasters and complex emergencies, as disaster-affected populations are more susceptible to illness and death from waterborne and communicable diseases.
In Fiscal Year (FY) 2016, USAID/OFDA provided approximately $247 million to support WASH programs in more than 35 countries.
28 MILLION PEOPLE FORCIBLY DISPLACED BY CONFLICT AND DISASTERS IN 2015 AND MILLIONS MORE STILL INVISIBLE: IDMC NEW REPORT HIGHLIGHTS GLOBAL CRISIS OF INTERNAL DISPLACEMENT
Conflict, violence and disasters internally displaced 27.8 million people in 2015, subjecting a record number of men, women and children to the trauma and upheaval of being forcibly displaced within their own country.
GLOBAL HEALTH IMPACTS
• Severe drought and associated food insecurity, flooding, rains and temperature rises due to El Niño 2015-2016 are causing a wide range of health problems, including disease outbreaks, malnutrition and disruption of health services.
• El Niño 2015-2016 is affecting more than 60 million people, especially in Eastern and Southern Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and Asia-Pacific.
60 million PEOPLE WILL BE AFFECTED BY EL NIÑO IN THE FOUR MOST AFFECTED REGIONS
2.8 million PEOPLE REQUIRE HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE IN GUATEMALA AND HONDURAS
10.2 million PEOPLE IN NEED OF EMERGENCY FOOD IN ETHIOPIA
14 million FOOD INSECURE PEOPLE IN SOUTHERN AFRICA – EXCLUDING SOUTH AFRICA
El Niño status
The gFSC global dashboard provides a quick snapshot of the country-level Food Security Clusters around the world. The updated dasboard shows that as of October 2015, the country-level Food Security Clusters remain only at 52 percent funded against their yearly requirements
Continuing to address the broad range of challenges facing the global community, Heads of State and Government along with other high-level representatives hailed recent diplomatic successes, while decrying the plight of refugees and the crises leading to their flight, during day four of the General Assembly’s annual debate.
OUR KEY MESSAGES
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has four key messages for effective action on the topic of human mobility in the context of environmental and climatic changes:
1 Environmental and climate-induced migration is a multicausal and multidimensional phenomenon.
Speakers Deplore Syria Crisis, Warn against Neglecting Climate Impacts
Sixty-eighth General Assembly
8th, 9th & 10th Meetings (AM, PM & Night)
Deploring conflicts in Syria and elsewhere, world leaders highlighted the complementary relationship between peace and development today as the General Assembly entered the second day of its annual general debate.