Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Aid agencies estimate that 4.2 million people in Somalia will need humanitarian assistance and protection in 2019
- Somali security forces train on mitigating conflict-related sexual violence
- Ghana to deploy additional police personnel to Somalia
- 2019 Somalia Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Humanitarian Bulletin Somalia, 1 - 31 December 2018 [EN/SO]
Alessandra Vellucci, Chief of the Press and External Relations Section of the United Nations Information Service, chaired the briefing, which was also attended by Spokespersons for and Representatives of the Secretariat of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, the World Health Organization, the United Nations Children’s Fund, the United Nations Refugee Agency and the International Organization for Migration.
Situation in the Horn of Africa
Alessandra Vellucci, Chief of the Press and External Relations Section of the United Nations Information Service, chaired the briefing which was also attended by Spokespersons for and Representatives of the World Health Organization, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, the Food and Agriculture Organization, the United Nations Children's Fund and the United Nations Refugee Agency.
Horn of Africa
Watch the Webcast
The United Nations today confirmed the existence of famine in two regions of southern Somalia: southern Bakool and Lower Shabelle, and made an urgent appeal for “exceptional efforts” to support Somalis in overcoming that humanitarian crisis, the United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator for Somalia, Mark Bowden, told correspondents today at a Headquarters press conference.