Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Following the Ebola Virus Disease outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) on 1 August, UNICEF and partners are supporting the Government with preparedness efforts that include community mobilization, psychosocial support as well as water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) interventions in eight districts bordering the DRC.
• Continued conflict within the region has seen Uganda receive 121,672 refugees between January and June 2018.
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
Origin of refugees
SOUTH SUDAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONG BURUNDI SOMALIA
BIDIBIDI LOBULE LAMWO ADJUMANI NAKIVALE RWAMWANJA ORUCHINGA KYANGWALI KIRYANDONGO KYAKA II RHINO CAMP NYAKABANDE PALORINYA IMVEPI IKAFE KAMPALA