Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UnSettlement: Urban displacement in the 21st century: City of flight -New and secondary displacements in Mogadishu, Somalia (November 2018)
- Drought Crisis in Somalia: More coordination is needed to face upcoming humanitarian crises
- Somalia: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 11 December 2018)
- Situation Report for Acute Watery Diarrhea/Cholera, Epidemiological Week 47 (19 - 25 November 2018)
- East Africa Food Security Alert: December 7, 2018
Somalia has been without effective central government since 1991.
Since then this semi-arid country of nomadic pastoralists has been torn apart by conflict. It has also suffered repeatedly from drought and famine.
Two decades of chaos and conflict have wrecked the country‟s education and healthcare systems. There has been a massive outflow of refugees and economic migrants to neighbouring East African countries and the Arabian peninsula.