Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Maps & Infographics
Somalia has been without effective central government since 1991.
Since then this semi-arid country of nomadic pastoralists has been torn apart by conflict. It has also suffered repeatedly from drought and famine.
Two decades of chaos and conflict have wrecked the country‟s education and healthcare systems. There has been a massive outflow of refugees and economic migrants to neighbouring East African countries and the Arabian peninsula.