Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Maps & Infographics
11 November 2011
Civilians in the Netherlands have raised over 25 million euros for the victims of the drought in the Horn of Africa during a national campaign in July and August, which was coordinated by ICCO and Kerk in Actie. The money is divided under the ten biggest Dutch aid organizations (including ICCO and Kerk in Actie) which offer emergency aid to the victims. The largest part is spent on food and, drinking water supplies. The money is particularly spent in Ethiopia, Kenya and in Somalia.
ICCO started emergency aid in all three countries that have been stricken with the worst drought since 60 years: Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia. We are also working on long term solutions for food-security in the region. ICCO co-operates with Kerk in Actie and other partners in its ACT Alliance network.
From the reserve funds of ICCO, we have already started to provide relief to the drought-affected people in both Ethiopia and Somalia.