Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Somalia cVDPV Outbreak Response Situation Report #8 (8 October 2018)
- Somalia: Tropical Storm Alert - Issued: 12 October 2018
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on attacks in Somalia, 13 October 2018
- Norway Contributes NOK 450 Million to Multi Partner Fund in Somalia
- Bomb blast survivor relives fateful day last October, as Somalis mark first anniversary of the deadly twin attacks on Zoobe, Mogadishu
The past year was particularly productive for the GICHD: we helped achieve more clarity on the global extent of explosive contamination and strengthened national capacities. We had a positive impact on national mine action programmes and supported wider security and development issues. Finally, with the invaluable support of our governance and partners, we developed our new 2015-2018 Strategy.
We are proud of the work we accomplished and we hope you enjoy reading about it.
This report provides the findings of an extensive research exercise carried out in 12 communities in Somaliland in March 2013. The research aimed to determine:
Whether there had been an improvement or deterioration in people’s perceived levels of safety and security in their communities since DDG had first engaged with them, and if so, what was the evidence of improvement/deterioration.
1. During the first three months of the year 2005, the GICHD continued and consolidated its activities in the fields of operational assistance, research and support to instruments of international law. It also started its training initiative in mine action information management (see para. 4 and 11 below).
2. The first core activity of the GICHD is the provision of specific operational support and assistance to on-going mine action activities and programmes, including those run by the UN.