Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Aid agencies estimate that 4.2 million people in Somalia will need humanitarian assistance and protection in 2019
- Somalia CCCM Cluster Dashboard - December 2018
- National Micronutrient Survey launched in Somalia [EN/SO]
- 2019 Somalia Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Somalia’s government reassures UN of its solidarity and support
On September 7, 2005, Africare welcomed five senior members of the Third District of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. The Third District includes 40 chapters in Virginia and the District of Columbia. Members presented Africare President Julius E. Coles with a generous donation to the Tsunami Relief Effort in East Africa.
Chairman of the Chapter Subcommittee, Brother Charles D.
The earthquake and tidal wave that decimated many coastal regions of South Asia on December 26 extended a path of destruction all the way to the eastern coast of Africa.
The hardest hit African nation was Somalia, where over 100 people have been killed and many fishermen have been reported missing. Off the coast of Somalia, almost all of the buildings on the island of Hafun were swept away.