Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Integrated food security, nutrition, health, WASH and livelihoods response to the drought in Somalia
- Enhancing the Somali Livestock Trade (ESOLT)
- Constraints and Complexities of Information Analysis in Humanitarian Emergencies: Evidence from Somalia
- AMISOM builds leadership capacity of young Somali leaders in post-conflict era
- Same Tune, New Key: Al Shabaab Adapts in the Face of Increased Military Pressure
Nairobi - Ever since President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda referred to child soldiers as 'cannon fodder' upon his ascendancy to power, the conscription of children into the Army has become a controversial issue in the region.
By Frederick Nzwili
Mogadishu - The initiatives of women in peace processes in war torn countries in Africa have often been disregarded. The prejudices they face every day are significant. But women in Somalia are now setting a new example. AANA Correspondent Frederick Nzwili reports.
Safia Giama cannot hold back her tears anymore. Days before the end of the holy month of Ramadhan, nine people were brutally murdered, in a prison hut in Southern Somalia. Among them was Abdirizak Hirsi Dheere, a 58-year-old bank worker and trade unionist. He was Safia's uncle.
NAIROBI (AANA) - Somali women, seeking permanent solution to civil hostilities in their homeland, have appealed to leaders of rival clans to move towards resumption of peace and a unifying leadership.
In their new initiative, the women have admonished defiant leaders saying those who continued the hostilities in the south were disregarding the nationwide quest for peace.
During a symbolic ceremony here on February 16,Somali women representatives launched a " a vigil of peace " in remembrance of victims of the civil war.
The event will be observed on the same date of each …