Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Most read reports
After 23 years with no postal services, Somalia could soon start receiving mail again, thanks to talks facilitated by the Universal Postal Union.
Under a memorandum of understanding, the parties committed to negotiating the details of an agreement that would see Dubai act as a hub for handling mail destined for Somalia in future.
Abdullahi E. Hersi, Somali minister of information, posts, telecommunication and transports, and Emirates Post president, Fahad al Hosani, signed the memorandum on April 22 with the UPU director general, Bishar A. Hussein, present.