Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Integrated food security, nutrition, health, WASH and livelihoods response to the drought in Somalia
- Same Tune, New Key: Al Shabaab Adapts in the Face of Increased Military Pressure
- 11 mothers from one village in Somalia die giving birth in one week
- Enhancing the Somali Livestock Trade (ESOLT)
- Somalia: Upsurge in violence triggers new wave of displacement
Barentu, 27 December 2009 - The inhabitants of various areas of Gash-Barka region stated that the unjust resolution adopted by the nominal United Nations, which has been rendered to being a mere tool for a handful of interest groups, would only further reinforce the Eritrean peoples' resolve.
In their interview with ERINA, the inhabitants of Gash Barka pointed out that the unwarranted resolution is not a new phenomenon but is rather an extension of continued unprovoked ploys against Eritrea.
Asmara, 13 September 2007 - The on-going Somali Congress for Liberation and Reconstitution has elected a 191-member Central Council. The Congress spokesman and former Information Minister, Dr.
Asmara, 11 September 2007 - Following extensive discussions yesterday, participants of the Somali Congress for Liberation and Reconstitution approved a 30-article constitution that would serve to drive out the invading TPLF regime's forces, the Congress spokesman told journalists.
Stating that despite the forwarding of different views regarding concepts, strategies and tactics, Mr. Zekaria Mahmoud Abdu, Congress spokesman and former Information Minister, said that a common agreement was reached and that almost all issues have been resolved after in-depth discussions.
Asmara, 27 August 2007 - President Isaias today received and held talks with Mr. Lyn Pasco, UN Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs.
Asmara, 13 December 2006 - President Isaias Afwerki called for a special meeting of IGAD Foreign Ministers on the Somali issue in view of the fact that the recent UN Security Council resolution on deploying peacekeeping force in Somalia is both distorted and one that would further aggravate the situation.
The President made the call in a message he sent yesterday to the IGAD executive committee. President Isaias stated that deploying peacekeepers in Somalia, partially lifting the arms embargo and supporting one side not only worsens the problem but also lacks clear objective.
Nairobi, 22 February 2006 - An IGAD meeting was held in Nairobi, Kenya, to discuss the situation of displaced persons and seek ways of tackling it. The meeting was attended by delegates from Eritrea, Djibouti, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan and Uganda.