Appeals & Response Plans
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Somalia cVDPV Outbreak Response Situation Report #8 (8 October 2018)
- Somalia: Tropical Storm Alert - Issued: 12 October 2018
- Norway Contributes NOK 450 Million to Multi Partner Fund in Somalia
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on attacks in Somalia, 13 October 2018
- Bomb blast survivor relives fateful day last October, as Somalis mark first anniversary of the deadly twin attacks on Zoobe, Mogadishu
GENEVA (2 October 2015) – The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child welcomes Somalia’s ratification of the Convention on the Rights of the Child on 1 October 2015 and repeats its call for universal ratification of the Convention.
“We applaud Somalia for ratifying the Convention on the Rights of the Child, as the 196th State to do so,” the Chairperson of the Committee, Benyam Dawit Mezmur, stated. “Ratification is an important step that brings with it a commitment towards implementation,” he added.
NEW YORK (13 October 2010) - The Chairperson of the Committee on the Rights of the Child, Ms. Yanghee Lee*, has called upon Somalia and the United States to ratify the Convention on the Rights of the Child.