Appeals & Response Plans
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Somalia cVDPV Outbreak Response Situation Report #8 (8 October 2018)
- Somalia: Tropical Storm Alert - Issued: 12 October 2018
- Norway Contributes NOK 450 Million to Multi Partner Fund in Somalia
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on attacks in Somalia, 13 October 2018
- Bomb blast survivor relives fateful day last October, as Somalis mark first anniversary of the deadly twin attacks on Zoobe, Mogadishu
Ending Cholera—A Global Roadmap to 2030 operationalises the new global strategy for cholera control at the country level and provides a concrete path toward a world in which cholera is no longer a threat to public health. By implementing the strategy between now and 2030, the Global Task Force on Cholera Control (GTFCC) partners will support countries to reduce cholera deaths by 90 percent. With the commitment of cholera-affected countries, technical partners, and donors, as many as 20 countries could eliminate disease transmission by 2030.
Mass vaccination campaign will target over 450,000 people to halt cholera outbreak
Geneva, 15 March 2017 – A major vaccination campaign to halt the spread of cholera begins in three drought-ravaged regions of Somalia today.
Communiqué de presse conjoint CDC/GAVI/UNICEF/OMS
10 novembre 2016 | NEW YORK/ATLANTA/GENÈVE - Malgré une baisse de 79% des décès dus à la rougeole dans le monde entre 2000 et 2015, près de 400 enfants meurent encore chaque jour de cette maladie, ont déclaré les principales organisations œuvrant dans le secteur de la santé dans un rapport publié aujourd’hui.
NEW YORK/ATLANTA/GENEVA, 10 November 2016 – Despite a 79 per cent worldwide decrease in measles deaths between 2000 and 2015, nearly 400 children still die from the disease every day, leading health organizations said in a report released today.
Joint Press Release: The Federal Government of Somalia/Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance/ United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and World Health Organization (WHO)
MOGADISHU 16 November 2015 – The Somali authorities have launched a new polio vaccine aimed at ensuring that Somalia remains free of polio – fifteen months after the last confirmed case was detected.