Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UnSettlement: Urban displacement in the 21st century: City of flight -New and secondary displacements in Mogadishu, Somalia (November 2018)
- Drought Crisis in Somalia: More coordination is needed to face upcoming humanitarian crises
- Somalia: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 11 December 2018)
- Situation Report for Acute Watery Diarrhea/Cholera, Epidemiological Week 47 (19 - 25 November 2018)
- East Africa Food Security Alert: December 7, 2018
Food security is conventionally defined as "access by all people at all times to enough food for an active and healthy life". It is generally accepted as entailing not only food availability (adequate supply of food) but also food access through home production, purchase in the market or food transfer.
Food insecurity in the country is principally a rural problem.
This is July 2008 progress report on LORDO Somalia programme. It discusses the implementation of various projects' activities, achievements to date (planned vs actual) and immediate outcomes. It also highlights some of challenges encountered by the respective teams and communities during the period.
Three Sub-Protection Network Groups partner with UNHCR for Protection and PMT in Lower-Shabelle, conducted rabid assessment on the visible IDPs appeared in parts of Merka, Qorioley and Kurtunwarey districts like 'Shalanbot, Golweyn, Madulow, Bulomarere and Bulo-tuni. The agencies of BANIADAM, LORDO, SMVIADO and SRCS confirm that the overall humanitarian situation in region has deteriorated over the last six months. Between 1,535 and 7,431 people, including roughly 8,966 IDPs, are estimated to be in need of humanitarian assistance and livelihood support for at least the next six months.