Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- East Africa Key Message Update, September 2018
- UNHCR Somalia Factsheet - 1 - 31 August 2018
- Somalia Drought Crisis - Water Price Monitoring Somalia, July 2018
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Who is doing What Where (3W) (August 2018)
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Progress against Targets (August 2018)
1 . The government of the Republic of Korea will provide a combined 1.5 million US dollars -- or 500,000 US dollars each -- in humanitarian assistance for the Central African Republic, Somalia and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which are facing chronic humanitarian crises but not receiving sufficient assistance from the international community.
2 . The three aforementioned countries have been undergoing severe humanitarian crises triggered by civil wars; public insecurity and political instability; vulnerable governance; and climate change over the past few decades.
The government of the Republic of Korea has decided to provide humanitarian assistance worth 500,000 US dollars to Somalia, where a years-long drought has incurred a chronic food crisis.
The aforementioned aid will be channeled into the food supply project conducted by the UN World Food Programme in Somalia.
Spokesperson and Deputy Minister for Public Relations of MOFAT
- unofficial translation
date 2009-12-29 13:00 name Spokesperson's Office
1. With regard to worsening food crisis in the Horn of Africa, caused by continuous drought, the Government of the Republic of Korea has decided to provide 700,000 dollars in emergency aid - 300,000 dollars to Ethiopia, 200,000 dollars to Kenya, and 200,000 dollars to Somalia - through the World Food Programme (WFP) in order to support efforts to overcome food crisis in the Horn of Africa and join the international community in its humanitarian assistance activities.