Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Cross Border Movements - Somalia (October 2018)
- Somalia: Upsurge in violence triggers new wave of displacement
- UN Migration Agency Brings Life-saving Health Services to Previously Inaccessible Areas of Somalia
- Spike in Somalia violence forces 21,000 people to flee their homes
- 11 mothers from one village in Somalia die giving birth in one week
Astrid Sehl (29.05.2012)
NRC, together with 15 other relief agencies, warn that humanitarian needs in Somalia must not be ignored as over 2 million people is still in dire need of assistance.
Connections and Collaboration for the Horn of Africa
The meeting, jointly organized by the Humanitarian Forum and the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation, has been inaugurated today 26th September 2011 at the Panafric Sarova Hotel, Nairobi. The meeting brings together leading humanitarian organizations from Muslim donor and recipient countries, the West and the multilateral system to develop a shared action plan for moving from relief to recovery, improve coordination and promote networking and partnerships.
On 15th August, The Humanitarian Forum brought together 61 people from 13 countries to improve connections and collaboration, in partnership with the OIC. They represented multilateral organisations like the UN, Islamic Development Bank and Red Cross/Crescent movement, western and Muslim international NGOs, and local Kenyan and Somali NGOs.