Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 11 mothers from one village in Somalia die giving birth in one week
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund transforms children's lives
- AMISOM and Somali national security officers complete training on civil-military cooperation
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation with respect to piracy and armed robbery at sea off the coast of Somalia (S/2018/903)
- Somalia: Humanitarian Dashboard - September 2018 (issued on 18 October 2018)
Mogadishu, 08 July 2017 – The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) has donated to the Somali Federal Government, an assortment of food and non-food items to assist drought-affected, internally displaced communities.
Ambassador Francisco Caetano Madeira, the Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia, said the donation will benefit about 200 households living in a camp for internally displaced persons at Kilometre 13, in the outskirts of the capital Mogadishu.
Mogadishu, 5 May 2017 – The deteriorating drought situation in Somalia has forced hundreds of families to abandon their homes in search of food and water in major towns.
However, some of the drought victims have adopted ways to beat the worst drought to ever face the Horn of Africa country in the last five years to supplement assistance received from aid agencies.