Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UnSettlement: Urban displacement in the 21st century: City of flight -New and secondary displacements in Mogadishu, Somalia (November 2018)
- Somalia: Use of lethal force to quell protests in Baidoa unjustifiable
- Drought Crisis in Somalia: More coordination is needed to face upcoming humanitarian crises
- Somalia Drought Crisis - Water Price Monitoring Somalia, October 2018
- Somalia Seasonal Monitor: December 13, 2018
Mogadishu, 08 July 2017 – The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) has donated to the Somali Federal Government, an assortment of food and non-food items to assist drought-affected, internally displaced communities.
Ambassador Francisco Caetano Madeira, the Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia, said the donation will benefit about 200 households living in a camp for internally displaced persons at Kilometre 13, in the outskirts of the capital Mogadishu.
Mogadishu, 5 May 2017 – The deteriorating drought situation in Somalia has forced hundreds of families to abandon their homes in search of food and water in major towns.
However, some of the drought victims have adopted ways to beat the worst drought to ever face the Horn of Africa country in the last five years to supplement assistance received from aid agencies.