Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Most read reports
- Somalia: Humanitarian Dashboard - August 2018 (issued on 17 September 2018)
- Outbreak update – Cholera in Somalia, 6 September 2018
- IOM CCCM Somalia Movement Trend Tracking: Dolow, 24 - 30 August 2018
- Somalia cVDPV Outbreak Response Situation Report #4 (31 August 2018)
- FSNAU-FEWS NET 2018 Post Gu Technical Release, 01 Sep 2018
What is the overall situation in the Horn of Africa?
The crisis has been caused by a persistent drought which has resulted in poor availability of food. The situation has also been compounded by conflict. This in turn is now causing large numbers of people to go without adequate food, with vulnerable groups such as children and elderly people particularly at risk of acute malnutrition.
How is Somaliland affected by the food security crisis?