Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Most read reports
- East Africa Key Message Update, September 2018
- UNHCR Somalia Factsheet - 1 - 31 August 2018
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Who is doing What Where (3W) (August 2018)
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Progress against Targets (August 2018)
- Intelligence officers in Somalia agree to strengthen collaboration in the fight against Al-Shabaab
Gaborone, 05 September 2011-NAIROBI - Seabelo Group managing director, Mr Seabelo Tlhaselo has saved government millions of Pula by offering two trucks, for free, to transport food aid to Somalis residing in Kenyan camps. During a brief meeting with the Botswana High Commissioner to Kenya, Mr Charles Mogotsi, Mr Tlhaselo said he made the offer in response to President Lt Gen. Seretse Khama Ian Khama's appeal to him for transportation of the consignment.
Upon its arrival in Nairobi the Botswana Defence Force (BDF) plane carrying foodstuffs and blankets, was met by Botswana's High Commissioner to Kenya, Mr. Charles Mogotsi, who formally handed over the goods in a ceremony, which was also attended by Kenya's Assistant Minister for Special Programmes, the Honourable Mohammad Ali.
In his remarks, High Commissioner Mogotsi emphasized that the current drought in the Horn of Africa was affecting neighbouring countries such as Kenya, as well as Somalia and southern Ethiopia.
Gaborone, 01 August 2011- Botswana has donated food aid worth P500 000 to famine hit Somalia. A Botswana Defence Force (BDF) plane carrying water, canned beef and other essentials departs for Kenya today where the aid will be handed over to the World Food Programme (WFP) for distribution to Somali refugees.