Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UnSettlement: Urban displacement in the 21st century: City of flight -New and secondary displacements in Mogadishu, Somalia (November 2018)
- Somalia: Use of lethal force to quell protests in Baidoa unjustifiable
- Drought Crisis in Somalia: More coordination is needed to face upcoming humanitarian crises
- Somalia Drought Crisis - Water Price Monitoring Somalia, October 2018
- Somalia Seasonal Monitor: December 13, 2018
This Quarterly Update covers the activities of the Geneva-based Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) between 1 July and 30 September 2017. It is also available online here: www. internal-displacement.org.
More than nine million new displacements in the first half of 2017
Our mid-year figures, published in August, show that conflict, violence and disasters caused 9.1 million new internal displacements globally in the first half of 2017.
Country-wide Cause of displacement Disaster
Figures More than 1.8 million new disaster displacements between 22 June and 12 July
AFFECTED AREAS Mindanao: Davao del Sur, Lanao del Sur (ARMM), Maguindanao (ARMM), North Cotabato, Sarangani, Sultan Kudarat, Zamboanga del Norte provinces
CAUSE OF DISPLACEMENT Conflict, Disaster
FIGURES More than 35,000 new disaster displacements between 3 and 6 June; as many as 389,000 new conflict displacements between 23 May and 14 June; about 2,400 returns between 3 and 13 June
This update presents key internal displacement developments and policy updates from 20 October to 2 November 2016.
Instances of internal displacement caused by conflict, violence, and disasters between 6 - 19 October
Message from the Director
28 MILLION PEOPLE FORCIBLY DISPLACED BY CONFLICT AND DISASTERS IN 2015 AND MILLIONS MORE STILL INVISIBLE: IDMC NEW REPORT HIGHLIGHTS GLOBAL CRISIS OF INTERNAL DISPLACEMENT
Conflict, violence and disasters internally displaced 27.8 million people in 2015, subjecting a record number of men, women and children to the trauma and upheaval of being forcibly displaced within their own country.