Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
By Staci Dennis
SOMALIA - Floods, famine, disease, civil unrest and war have led to dangerous conditions for the people of Somalia - conditions that have been present in the country for more than a decade, but rarely all at one time.
"The lawlessness, drought and flooding, along with the risk of harrowing, life-threatening diseases are all horribly prevalent," said David Darg, assistant director of international programs with Operation Blessing International.
Darg is currently in Nairobi working to secure aid for Somalia's refugees, many of whom have little access …