Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Most read reports
- Somalia: Humanitarian Dashboard - August 2018 (issued on 17 September 2018)
- IOM CCCM Somalia Movement Trend Tracking: Dolow, 24 - 30 August 2018
- FSNAU-FEWS NET 2018 Post Gu Technical Release, 01 Sep 2018
- Outbreak update – Cholera in Somalia, 6 September 2018
- Troubling trend sees evictions in Somalia double
In the decades I've been working to solve global problems, I've never seen a crisis like the one we're currently tackling in the Horn of Africa.
Millions of people have been displaced by the worst drought and famine in a generation. They need food, water, shelter — and they also need nets.
Washington, D.C. — September 28, 2011
The United Nations Foundation today announced that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia had delivered $15 million of its $30 million commitment to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI). Half the funds will be used in 2011 by UNICEF for vaccines and by the World Health Organization (WHO) to support campaign operations. The remaining funds will be released in 2012 to support both agencies. Countries benefiting from the funds include several members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation countries, such as Yemen, Somalia and Sudan.
Joint News Release WHO/UNICEF/American Red Cross/CDC/UN Foundation
The Eastern Mediterranean region achieves measles goal three years early
ATLANTA/GENEVA/NEW YORK/WASHINGTON - Measles deaths worldwide fell by 74% between 2000 and 2007, from an estimated 750 000 to 197 000.