Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Maps & Infographics
On 28 September at the 18th session of the Glossary Link Human Rights Council, Independent Expert, Mr Shamsul Bari, presented his report on the situation in Somalia. Mr Bari began by pointing out that in the few months since completing his report the situation has worsened. Recent droughts in the Horn of Africa have further exacerbated the famine in Somalia. In combination with the ongoing armed conflict, the result is the worst case of human deprivation in Somalia that Mr Bari has reported on in the past three years.
The Working Group on the UPR examined Somalia's human rights record on 3 May 2011. The State was represented by a four-person delegation, and headed by Ms Zahra Mohamed Ali Samantar, State Minister at the Office of the Prime Minister, Transitional Federal Government (TFG). During the introductory statement, the Somali delegation depicted a highly unstable political climate where the Government has limited control of its territory. This was commonly used as an explanation for the lack of human rights protection in the country.