Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Donors gave a record $12.4 million for tsunami relief efforts, which helped accomplish the initiatives listed below. During the last 12 months, the organization has sent $27 million in medical supplies and 162 relief workers -- the largest volunteer response in Northwest Medical Teams' 26-year history. Northwest Medical Teams is continuing its long-term rebuilding programs in Indonesia and Sri Lanka, including medical training, trauma counseling workshops, hospital reconstruction and housing grants.
Devastated families and communities continue to rebuild in tsunami-ravaged South Asia. Northwest Medical Teams volunteers in the region care for hundreds of sick, homeless families, counsel the grieving, and replenish healthcare clinics with life-saving medicines.
Dr. Lisa Toracca, an emergency room physician and volunteer from Portland, Maine, traveled by boat to help tsunami survivors in remote villages in Sumatra.