Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Somalia hosts its first National Economic Policy Forum
- Somalia cVDPV Outbreak Response Situation Report #13 (15 November 2018)
- Mixed Migration in the Horn of Africa and the Arab Peninsula (January - June 2018)
- WHO and Somali Government roll out process to deliver quality health services to all Somalis
- Somalia: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 14 November 2018)
OFID Quarterly examines the wellbeing, safety of children across the world
Vienna, Austria, August 2, 2017. “I like schnitzels, but some food, I don't like,” says 14 year-old Shokria, who is originally from Afghanistan. “I miss some special food from Afghanistan.” Shokria left her home when her father was killed and has been in Vienna for nearly two years. Her story is just one of many perspectives on child refugees examined by the July edition of the OFID Quarterly magazine, which is circulating as of today.
Vienna, Austria, March 11, 2015. Over 30 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 150th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amounting to US$201m will support the following projects:
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved a US$350,000 emergency assistance grant to help purchase food supplies and fund distribution operations being carried out by the World Food Program (WFP) in famine-stricken areas in Somalia. The most affected areas are in the south; particularly the region of Lower Shabelle, Middle and Lower Juba, Bay, Bakool, Benadir, Gedo and Hiraan.
The Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), meeting in its 135th Session, has approved over US$56 million in loans and US$6 million in grants to address Africa’s needs. The funds will be allocated to the energy, transportation, agriculture, health and financial sectors.
December 1, 2009 Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) yesterday signed three grant agreements relating to important worldwide health initiatives. The agreements were signed on behalf of OFID by Mr. Suleiman J. Al-Herbish, Director-General, and by HRH Princess Ghida Talal, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of the King Hussein Cancer Foundation (KHCF); Professor Claude Le Coultre, Chairwoman of the Board of the International Committee of the Red Cross Special Fund for the Disabled (IFRC/SFD); and Dr.
September 24, 2002 - Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development has approved a grant of US$1 million to finance an OPEC Fund-UNFPA Project for HIV/AIDS Prevention in Selected Arab Countries. Targeting seven countries, namely, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Somalia, the Sudan, Syria and Yemen, the scheme is the second of a series to be financed from the Fund's dedicated HIV/AIDS account.