Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
The people of the Arab region face an uncertain future. Millions are fleeing their homes to escape violence and millions more remain trapped by conflict or in occupied territory. The expanding population is placing increasing strain on the environment through unsustainable consumption of limited water supplies and abundant energy resources. The rentier economy that prevails in many countries has proven unable to adapt to new realities or absorb the growing and increasingly youthful labour force.
Syria Crisis: A Crisis for Arab Development
New York — With around 800 days left until the target date for achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), today the United Nations Development Group (UNDG) along with the League of Arab States and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) launched a report showing that recent turmoil in the Arab region imperils progress towards the goals across the Arab world.