Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Integrated food security, nutrition, health, WASH and livelihoods response to the drought in Somalia
- Enhancing the Somali Livestock Trade (ESOLT)
- Constraints and Complexities of Information Analysis in Humanitarian Emergencies: Evidence from Somalia
- AMISOM builds leadership capacity of young Somali leaders in post-conflict era
- Same Tune, New Key: Al Shabaab Adapts in the Face of Increased Military Pressure
UN reveals "The Forgotten Billion"
Changwon City, Republic of Korea, 18 October 2011 - They are marginal and marginalized. There are one billion of them and they struggle to subsist in the world's drylands. They are the poor the world forgot.
Geneva/Bonn, 1 August 2011 - The latest famine in Somalia has put a spotlight on the urgent need to develop national and regional drought policies, according to the World Meteorological Organization and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification, which are jointly leading the international action to address the growing impact of droughts.
Bonn, 5 December 2000 - "We are ready to see if progress has been achieved in combating desertification worldwide", said today Mr. Hama Arba Diallo, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), few days before the opening of the fourth session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNCCD (COP-4), from 11-22 December in Bonn, Germany.