Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- AMISOM builds leadership capacity of young Somali leaders in post-conflict era
- Somalia Market Update: October 2018 Update (Issued November 20, 2018)
- Somalia: Climate Update October 2018 Monthly Rainfall and Vegetation Cover (Issued November 20, 2018)
- Integrated food security, nutrition, health, WASH and livelihoods response to the drought in Somalia
- 11 mothers from one village in Somalia die giving birth in one week
By Abukar Sheikh Ahmed and Richard Kinyera in Mogadishu
AS the mandate of the peacekeeping mission in Somalia is expiring on July 19, only Uganda has sent 1,600 soldiers out of the 8,000 that were required to pacify the lawless East-African nation.
Because of their vulnerability, the Ugandans have stopped patrols in Mogadishu. "Since we lost four peacekeepers on May 16, we are restraining ourselves", spokesman Capt. Paddy Ankunda explained.
"Mogadishu is a burning place, and we have only 1,600 peacekeepers.