Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
By Abukar Sheikh Ahmed and Richard Kinyera in Mogadishu
AS the mandate of the peacekeeping mission in Somalia is expiring on July 19, only Uganda has sent 1,600 soldiers out of the 8,000 that were required to pacify the lawless East-African nation.
Because of their vulnerability, the Ugandans have stopped patrols in Mogadishu. "Since we lost four peacekeepers on May 16, we are restraining ourselves", spokesman Capt. Paddy Ankunda explained.
"Mogadishu is a burning place, and we have only 1,600 peacekeepers.