Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Remnants of Cyclone Jaya will bring locally heavy rainfall to areas of Madagascar and northern coastal Mozambique during the next week.
Though portions of The Horn are experiencing slow to start seasonal rainfall, areas of the Ethiopian Highlands have seen moderate to heavy precipitation.
While poor seasonal rains have negatively affected crops in parts of the Maize Triangle, southern Zimbabwe, and southern Mozambique, recent rains will improve conditions in the Limpopo Basin.
The Water Requirements Satisfaction Index, shown below, indicates broad regions of poor water …