Appeals & Response Plans
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- 11 mothers from one village in Somalia die giving birth in one week
- Somalia cVDPV Outbreak Response Situation Report #8 (8 October 2018)
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Who is doing What Where (3W) (September 2018)
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Progress against Targets (September 2018)
- Somalia: Tropical Storm Alert - Issued: 12 October 2018
By Denis McClean
GENEVA, 29 February 2012 - The March to May rainfall season in the Greater Horn of Africa is likely to result in "near normal to below normal rainfall" over much of the region, according to a statement today from the 30th Greater Horn of Africa Climate Outlook Forum (GHACOF30).
This rainfall outlook applies in particular to areas plagued by drought in recent years including much of Somalia; Djibouti; eastern and northern Kenya; southern, eastern and north-eastern Ethiopia.
This on-line newsletter gathers information about about the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction Secretariat (UNISDR) and its partners' activities in Africa.