- UNHCR Somalia: Somalia Fact Sheet 1-30 September 2017
- UNHCR Somalia: Response to Yemen situation 1 - 30 September 2017
- IFRC Somalia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) outbreak DREF MDRSO006 operation final report
- RW Topic: Fighting Famine in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen
Appeals & Funding
- Horn of Africa: A Call for Action, February 2017
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017
- Humanitarian Response Plan May 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF)
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) 2016 Annual Report
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Information Sharing Portal: Refugees in the Horn of Africa: Somali Displacement Crisis
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- UNHCR Global Focus
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Somalia: Floods - Apr 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2014
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - May 2014
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme
Geneva, 4-8 October 2010
30 September 2010
This update presents some examples of challenges, progress and new developments in global programmes and partnerships since the last strategic overview presented to the 47th meeting of the Standing Committee in March 2010. A more comprehensive report will be provided in the forthcoming Global Appeal 2011 Update.
In one dreary morning, I, the pupil of kindergarten #2, became an IDP; to be more specific, I was forced to become an IDP. In several hours, I lost my friends, home and happy childhood. I experienced the horror of hunger and cold. At age of 6, I realized words "peace" and "bread". The vision of endless flow of people worn out from hunger and cold and the taste of a piece of bread I clutched in my fist will never fade from my memory.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
17th Meeting (AM)
Multiplication of Operations Requires Thorough Reflection on Where, When, Why, How United Nations Should Resort to Peacekeepers, Committee Hears
This report is submitted to the European Parliament and the Council in compliance with the reporting requirement set out in Article 23 of Regulation (EC) N=B01717/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council of 15 November 2006 establishing an Instrument for Stability (the IfS Regulation). This article states:
'The Commission shall examine progress achieved in implementing the measures undertaken pursuant to this Regulation and shall submit to the European Parliament and the Council an annual report on the implementation of the assistance.
2943ème session du Conseil RELATIONS EXTERIEURES
2943rd EXTERNAL RELATIONS Council meeting
Le présent document est le deuxième programme indicatif (PI) pluriannuel pour le volet à long terme (article 4) de l'instrument de stabilité (IdS).
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Before taking your questions, let me make some brief opening statement.
First, in the context of the global financial crisis, I would like to call your attention to the closing of the General Debate and the remarkable success of our two High-Level Events on the Millennium Development Goals and African Development Needs. Everyone has felt the earthquake on Wall Street. But it has not shaken our resolve. Banks may be failing. But the world's bottom billion can bank on us.
Sixty-third General Assembly
13th & 14th Meetings (AM & PM)
Questions of national sovereignty, disarmament and nuclear non-proliferation dominated the debate in the General Assembly today, with world leaders calling for solidarity and reform of the Security Council to help diffuse the world's active and simmering conflicts -– in the Caucasus, Middle East and Korean Peninsula –- all of which carried powerful repercussions for neighbouring States and regions.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
Georgia: UMCOR Provides Flood Relief
In the Republic of Georgia "April Showers" turned into April floods this year. For nearly a week, daily torrential rains accumulated, causing landslides and the worst flooding in recent history. The resulting destruction includes downed electric lines and contaminated water systems. UMCOR's NGO field office unit helped to assess the damage in four districts of western Georgia and build plans for disaster response and recovery. Your gift can make a difference to vulnerable families in the flood zones.