- OCHA Drought Response - Situation Report No. 16 (14 Sept 2017)
- Report of the Secretary-General on Somalia (S/2017/751) - 05 Sep 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Horn of Africa: A Call for Action, February 2017
- Operational Plan for Famine Prevention (Jan-Jun 2017)
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017
- Humanitarian Response Plan May 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- FAO Somalia Famine Prevention and Drought Response Plan (Feb-Jul 2017)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Appeal Somalia Drought, January - June 2017
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Information Sharing Portal: Refugees in the Horn of Africa: Somali Displacement Crisis
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- UNHCR Global Focus
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Somalia: Floods - Apr 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2014
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - May 2014
Ceci est un résumé des déclarations du porte-parole du HCR Andrej Mahecic – à qui toute citation peut être attribuée – lors de la conférence de presse du 15 septembre 2017 au Palais des Nations à Genève.
Un an après la Déclaration de New York pour les réfugiés et migrants, par laquelle 193 États membres ont pris l’engagement historique de partager plus équitablement la responsabilité pour les réfugiés dans le monde, plusieurs pays mettent en place des changements significatifs dans leurs législations, politiques et interventions en faveur des réfugiés.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Andrej Mahecic – to whom quoted text may be attributed – at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
A year on from the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants, in which all 193 Member States of the United Nations made a historic commitment to more equitably share responsibility for the world’s refugees, significant changes in refugee law, policies and responses are taking hold in several countries.
Africa Weather Hazard
Since early August, above-average seasonal rainfall caused flooding in some areas. With well above-average moisture conditions, additional rain in September may trigger flooding in parts of Senegal,
The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, and Sierra Leone.
Recent heavy rains have caused the Benue River in Nigeria to overflow its banks. Reports indicate that 100,000 people may have been displaced by flooding. Continued rainfall will keep rivers high.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
Rainfall deficits persist over Kenya and Uganda
Africa Weather Hazards
Below-average rainfall since mid-May has led to abnormal dryness across eastern Uganda and southwestern Kenya. Moisture deficits are likely to negatively impact cropping and Pastoral activities.
Torrential rain led to destroyed houses in Central Darfur, Sudan. Heavy rain is forecast to continue during the next week. High flooding risks in the region continue.
Heavy rainfall continues over Central America
Africa Weather Hazards
- Below-average rainfall since mid-May has led to abnormal dryness across eastern Uganda and southwestern Kenya. Moisture deficits are likely to negatively impact cropping and Pastoral activities.
Rainfall continues over most of West Africa and northern East Africa
Below-average rainfall since late February has resulted in moisture deficits throughout many parts of southern South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, and northern Tanzania.
Limited rainfall since March has led to developing moisture deficits across parts of Liberia, Cote d’Ivoire, and southern Guinea.
Las reuniones anuales entre el ACNUR y los representantes de 313 organizaciones no gubernamentales iniciaron en Ginebra, enfocándose en formas de fortalecer su colaboración.
GINEBRA, Suiza, 14 de junio de 2017 (ACNUR) – Un proyecto de la firma tecnológica francesa Pangloss Labs y sus socios provee apoyo de impresión 3D en todo el mundo, incluyendo áreas donde ACNUR, la Agencia de la ONU para los Refugiados, trabaja con los refugiados.
Annual talks between UNHCR and representatives of 313 nongovernmental organizations begin in Geneva, focusing on ways to strengthen collaboration.
By: UNHCR staff
GENEVA – A project by French tech firm Pangloss Labs and its partners provides 3D printing support around the world, including areas where UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency works with refugees.
Recent seasonal rainfall helps partially alleviate abnormal dryness in East Africa
Despite rainfall during early March, significant long-term moisture deficits remain throughout central and eastern Madagascar due to very poor rains earlier in the season.
Inconsistent rainfall since late December have led to moisture deficits and deteriorating ground conditions across many parts of western Angola.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the first quarter of 2017 (January to March).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 71 countries in the fourth quarter of 2016 (October to December).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
This website allows you to explore how different scenarios of global greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to climate change could change the geography of food insecurity in developing and least-developed countries. By altering the levels of future global greenhouse gas emissions and/or the levels of adaptation, you can see how vulnerability to food insecurity changes over time, and compare and contrast these different future scenarios with each other and the present day.