- UNHCR Somalia: Somalia Fact Sheet 1-30 September 2017
- UNHCR Somalia: Response to Yemen situation 1 - 30 September 2017
- IFRC Somalia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) outbreak DREF MDRSO006 operation final report
- RW Topic: Fighting Famine in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen
Appeals & Funding
- Horn of Africa: A Call for Action, February 2017
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017
- Humanitarian Response Plan May 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF)
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) 2016 Annual Report
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Information Sharing Portal: Refugees in the Horn of Africa: Somali Displacement Crisis
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- UNHCR Global Focus
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Somalia: Floods - Apr 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2014
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - May 2014
This report was written in cooperation with the UN Agencies in Somalia
Afghanistan What's happening in Afghanistan?
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
Post disaster impact assessments in Asia-Pacific
In this issue:
- Post disaster impact assessment
- Socio-economic impact of the December 2004 earthquake and indian ocean tsunami
- Post disaster building damage assessment
- Damage and loss assessment in agriculture
- Psychosocial impacts
- Forgotten vulnerability
- Gender considerations
INDONESIA STATUS REPORT - 31 MARCH 2006
10-day product: 21 – 31 March 2006
Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI)
Absolute difference w.r.t. previous year (Act. – Prev.) Period: March 2006
"Barometer" is a quarterly report published in Spanish and English by the Alert Unit at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona's School of Peace Culture. The report analyses the events that have occurred in the world over the course of the previous three months (January - March 2005) under nine main headings: conflicts, situations of tension, peace processes, post-war rehabilitation, humanitarian crises, militarization and disarmament, human rights and International Humanitarian Law, development and gender aspects in peace-building.
Nairobi, 31 March 2006 -Over 2 million Somali people are currently struggling with their lives due to unprecedented food and water shortages following a prolonged series of drought in war-stricken Somalia. And the situation is expected to deteriorate if the next rains are below normal.
A staggering 2.1 million are in urgent need of critical assistance.
7,200 questionnaires reach most inaccessible areas in Somalia
On 3rd March, 7,200 questionnaires prepared by each of the six JNA clusters were sent to the Somali National Technical Counterpart teams working for the JNA. The teams carried the questionnaires to the most inaccessible corners of Somalia.
(New York: 31 March 2006): The United Nations has now granted just over $1.7 million from the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) to the World Health Organization for urgent, life-saving programmes in the Horn of Africa.
GENEVA, March 31 (Reuters) - Famine could soon claim 10,000 lives every month in Somalia if the upcoming rainy season is as dry as forecast, United Nations aid agencies said on Friday.
Emergency & Recovery, Food Security, United Nations - United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP)
Drought-hit Somalia is set to receive a further £5 million in humanitarian assistance from the UK, International Development Secretary, Hilary Benn, announced today.
Note: Map production date estimated.
U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BUREAU FOR DEMOCRACY, CONFLICT, AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE (DCHA)
Geneva, 30 March 2006 - The Inter-Parliamentary Union launches an appeal to its 143 Member Parliaments for assistance to Africa. It points out, in particular, the urgency of the situation for those living in the Horn of Africa where more than 20 million people in Kenya, Somalia, Eritrea, Ethiopia and the United Republic of Tanzania are currently living under the threat of starvation because of the drought.