Appeals & Response Plans
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Somalia: Floods - Apr 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2014
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Horn of Africa Drought Response Issue No. 08 (31st January 2018)
- Huge measles campaign in drought-hit Somalia aims to protect children and save lives
- SWALIM supports mapping of groundwater sources for priority humanitarian interventions in Somalia
- Somalia on edge of slipping back towards famine if aid is pulled out
- London Conference: High-Level Event for the Humanitarian Situation in Somalia, 6 March 2018
In central Africa, a new wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case was reported in Equatorial Guinea. In total, three cases have now been reported from the country; genetic sequencing indicates the cases are linked to an ongoing WPV1 outbreak in Cameroon. Outbreak response in the country is currently being planned.
Equatorial Guinea provides first contribution of $30 million for "Africa for Africa" anti-hunger pool
22 February 2013, Malabo/Rome - Equatorial Guinea today donated $30 million to a new solidarity trust fund that aims to mobilize African financial resources in support of strengthening food security in the region.
The first donation to the Africa Solidarity Trust Fund was made official in a ceremony at the margins of the third Africa-South America Summit in Malabo, attended by FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva.