Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Luban - Oct 2018
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Somalia: $1.08 billion required to support 3.4 million Somalis with life-saving and livelihood assistance [EN/SO]
- 2019 Somalia Humanitarian Response Plan, January - December 2019
- Aid agencies estimate that 4.2 million people in Somalia will need humanitarian assistance and protection in 2019
- FAO and NORCAP work together on famine prevention in Somalia
- Research Terms of Reference: Durable Solutions Youth Thematic Assessment for Refugees and IDPs in Somalia, SOM1805b
In central Africa, a new wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case was reported in Equatorial Guinea. In total, three cases have now been reported from the country; genetic sequencing indicates the cases are linked to an ongoing WPV1 outbreak in Cameroon. Outbreak response in the country is currently being planned.
Equatorial Guinea provides first contribution of $30 million for "Africa for Africa" anti-hunger pool
22 February 2013, Malabo/Rome - Equatorial Guinea today donated $30 million to a new solidarity trust fund that aims to mobilize African financial resources in support of strengthening food security in the region.
The first donation to the Africa Solidarity Trust Fund was made official in a ceremony at the margins of the third Africa-South America Summit in Malabo, attended by FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva.