Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Most read (last 30 days)
- From delivering assistance to reducing needs: Resources to support resilience building an urgent priority in Somalia
- Drought, Displacement and Livelihoods in Somalia/Somaliland - Time for gender-sensitive and protection-focused approaches
- Eastern Africa - Food insecurity and forced displacements DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/06/2018
- Humanitarian Bulletin Somalia, 2 June – 5 July 2018
- Horn of Africa and Red Sea: Council conclusions (25 June 2018)
In central Africa, a new wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case was reported in Equatorial Guinea. In total, three cases have now been reported from the country; genetic sequencing indicates the cases are linked to an ongoing WPV1 outbreak in Cameroon. Outbreak response in the country is currently being planned.
Equatorial Guinea provides first contribution of $30 million for "Africa for Africa" anti-hunger pool
22 February 2013, Malabo/Rome - Equatorial Guinea today donated $30 million to a new solidarity trust fund that aims to mobilize African financial resources in support of strengthening food security in the region.
The first donation to the Africa Solidarity Trust Fund was made official in a ceremony at the margins of the third Africa-South America Summit in Malabo, attended by FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva.