Appeals & Response Plans
- Somalia: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- 11 mothers from one village in Somalia die giving birth in one week
- Somalia cVDPV Outbreak Response Situation Report #8 (8 October 2018)
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Who is doing What Where (3W) (September 2018)
- Somalia: Shelter Activities - Progress against Targets (September 2018)
- Somalia: Major step in EU support to state-building
4 May 2009, Prague
1. Mr Václav Klaus, President of the Czech Republic, assisted by High Representative Dr Javier Solana, and Mr José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, and Mr Taro Aso, Prime Minister of Japan, met in Prague on 4 May 2009 for the 18th Summit between the European Union (EU) and Japan.
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
JOHANNESBURG, 9 February2007 (IRIN) - The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has suggested major reforms in the way food aid is managed and distributed in its annual report.
"In many cases, food aid is used because it is the only available resource, not because it is the best solution to the problem at hand.
40 Million People at Risk of Starvation,
Says Head of World Food Programme;
More Consistent Humanitarian Funding, Investment in Agriculture Urgently Needed
This report includes: A) Democratic People's Republic of Korea - floods B) Afghanistan C) Sierra Leone D) Somalia E) Ethiopia F) D.R. Congo - Angolan refugees G) Zambia - D.R. Congo refugees.