- FEWS NET Somalia Seasonal Monitor: December 3, 2017
- IOM CCCM Somalia Movement Trend Tracking: Baidoa, 24 - 30 November 2017
- FAO Somalia - Situation report 4 December 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2018
- Humanitarian Response Plan May 2017
- Horn of Africa: A Call for Action, February 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF)
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) 2016 Annual Report
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Information Sharing Portal: Refugees in the Horn of Africa: Somali Displacement Crisis
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- UNHCR Global Focus
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Somalia: Floods - Apr 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2014
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation - Updated: 31 October 2017
- 2018 Somalia Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) releases US$ 12.3 million to sustain famine prevention efforts into 2018
- Protection of Civilians: Building the Foundation for Peace, Security and Human Rights in Somalia
- Intensified fighting forces over 10,000 people to flee in Somalia
Bogotá (ene. 15/16). La posibilidad de exigir visa de tránsito a los ciudadanos de algunos países que ingresen a Colombia es una medida que sigue en estudio y que solo se aplicaría a naciones desde las que se ha detectado el mayor número de casos de inmigración ilegal o de personas que llegan al país para pedir refugio a pesar de no cumplir con los requisitos para acogerse a esa condición.
Kaja Haldorsen (16.09.2011)
For the first time in history NRC enters into a framework agreement with the United Kingdom's Department for International Development (DFID).
Over three years NRC will get 2, 5 million British pounds annually for projects in seven countries.
Dentro de los grupos de población, las mujeres que pertenecen a minorías y las mujeres indígenas son objetivo de violaciones y otros tipos de violencia sexual, torturas y asesinatos debidos específicamente a su identidad étnica, religiosa o indígena, según el informe anual del 2011 de El Grupo Internacional de los Derechos de las Minorías (MRG por su siglas en ingles) presentado hoy.
To see this news alert with links to sources, click here.
IDP News Alert is a bi-weekly summary of selected global news on internally displaced persons, compiled by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
In this News Alert...
Yemen: Displacement reported across the country
Colombia: Land rights activist killed as restitution law comes into force
Committee on NGOs
24th & 25th Meetings (AM & PM)
Completing its fourth day of the resumed 2011 session, the Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) today recommended special consultative status for 25 entities to the Economic and Social Council, and postponed consideration of 26 additional groups until the Committee receive answers to its outstanding questions.
Evidence for multiple forms of impact
Cash transfers are one of the more thoroughly researched forms of development intervention. Latin American countries that pioneered the current generation of cash transfers built in best-practice monitoring and evaluation (M&E). The association of cash transfers with high quality M&E and impact evaluation has continued as cash transfers have spread, but remains less developed in low-income countries.
New York, March 23, 2011 - The recorded number of people displaced within their country due to conflict or violence rose to 27.5 million in 2010, which is the highest in a decade, according to a report by the Geneva-based Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).
The report, Internal Displacement: Global Overview of Trends and Developments in 2010, was today launched by the UN Emergency Relief Coordinator Valerie Amos, the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Children …
Conseil économique et social
Session de fond de 2010
- Over 4'318 AP mines destroyed
- 6 new signatories to the Deed of Commitment banning antipersonnel mines
- New humanitarian mine action activities launched in 5 signatory areas; all but one undertaken with INGO assistance
In writing this report, Geneva Call is mindful of the value it can add to the body of knowledge on the landmine situation in the world, particularly concerning anti-personnel (AP) mines. Many other well-established organizations also contribute actively to the eradication of the scourge of AP mines.
España, 7 de Junio (ACNUR) - El Gobierno de Castilla-La Mancha ha suscrito hoy un acuerdo con ACNUR, la Agencia de la ONU para los Refugiados y la Asociación España con ACNUR, reafirmando así su compromiso de trabajar en favor de los refugiados y desplazados internos a nivel mundial en los próximos anos.
Mediante este acuerdo, la Comunidad de Castilla-La Mancha apoyará la realización de proyectos por un valor de 800.000 euros, en países afectados por conflictos armados y desplazamiento de población como Somalia, la Rep=FAblica Democrática del Congo y Colombia.
El acto celebrado en …
DAKAR, 25 mai 2010 (IRIN) - Le Haut Commissariat des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés (HCR) et le Comité International de la Croix-Rouge (CICR) protègent les civils depuis des décennies.
LONDON, 18 May 2010 (IRIN) - At least 6.8 million people were displaced last year, mainly by long-running conflicts, pushing the number of those forced to live away from home to 27 million - the highest since the mid-1990s, a new report states.
"The massive population movements and shocking violence are a sad reminder of the price that civilians pay in armed conflict," Elisabeth Rasmusson, secretary-general of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), said while launching the 2009 annual report on displacement at London's Royal Institute of International Affairs.
Geneva/London, 17 May 2010 - In 2009 the world witnessed more people displaced within their country by conflict and violence than at any point since the mid-1990s.
From the editors
The striking fact that for the first time in human history there are now more people living in towns and cities than outside them is not in itself a reason for FMR to be covering urban displacement. Behind that fact, however, lies the multiplicity of reasons why people have been moving into urban environments and the reality that for many of them it is not a matter of choice.
Relatively little is known about the precise numbers of those forcibly displaced into urban settings, their demographics, basic needs or protection problems.
Tanzania Tackling Malaria, Maternal Health
By Laura Ashbaugh
Although Tanzania boasts political stability and one of the fastest growing economies in sub-Saharan Africa, it still faces alarming maternal mortality, rapid population growth, and widespread poverty.
USAID is assisting Tanzania in responding to these issues by helping to reduce malaria and HIV/AIDS, prevent maternal deaths, expand agribusiness, and protect the environment, said Tanzania Director Rob Cunnane on a recent trip to Washington.
A major part of the USAID budget in the African nation of 40 …
States should consider gender-sensitive reparation schemes for victims of terrorism, as women undergo specific forms of abuse by terrorist groups, the Special Rapporteur on the promotion and protection of human rights while countering terrorism, said today at a Headquarters press conference.
Briefing correspondents on his latest report, which he had presented to the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian, Cultural) earlier in the day, Martin Scheinin said the document contained some 17 …
Q&A on Forgotten Crises
Each year, the European Commission Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO) identifies severe and protracted humanitarian crisis situations where affected populations are receiving no or insufficient international aid and where there appears to be no political commitment to solve the crisis. The findings are published in ECHO's Forgotten Crises Assessment.
Sexagésimo cuarto período de sesiones
Tema 71 c) del programa provisional*
Item 71 (c) of the provisional agenda*
2008 marked the 10th anniversary of the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement which was an occasion both to commemorate efforts over the past decade to uphold the human rights of IDPs and to remind ourselves that much remains to be done. There are still an estimated 26 million people who have been forced from their communities by conflict and many more who have been displaced by natural disasters and large-scale development projects.