- UNICEF Somalia Humanitarian Situation Report #19: 15-30 November 2017
- FEWS NET Somalia Seasonal Monitor: December 3, 2017
- IOM CCCM Somalia Movement Trend Tracking: Baidoa, 24 - 30 November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2018
- Humanitarian Response Plan May 2017
- Horn of Africa: A Call for Action, February 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF)
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) 2016 Annual Report
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Information Sharing Portal: Refugees in the Horn of Africa: Somali Displacement Crisis
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- UNHCR Global Focus
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Somalia: Floods - Apr 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2014
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - May 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Protection of Civilians: Building the Foundation for Peace, Security and Human Rights in Somalia
- 2018 Somalia Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF) releases US$ 12.3 million to sustain famine prevention efforts into 2018
- Intensified fighting forces over 10,000 people to flee in Somalia
- Humanitarian Bulletin Somalia, 01 – 29 November 2017
20 septembre 2016 – Le Président du Tchad, Idriss Déby Itno, a appelé mardi la communauté internationale à appuyer l'Union africaine (UA) et ses Etats membres dans leurs efforts de lutte contre le terrorisme, qu'il a qualifié de « menace du siècle », dans son discours devant l'Assemblée générale de l'ONU.
La planification humanitaire pour 2016 prévoit 4,3 millions de personnes dans le besoin dont 1,5 million ciblées pour une assistance humanitaire, reflétant des niveaux élevés de vulnérabilité dans tout le pays.
Washington, D.C., 10 May 2016 -- In response to an invitation by the United Sates Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, the Director of the United Nations Development Programme’s Regional Bureau for Africa Abdoulaye Mar Dieye took part today in a briefing event on Instability in Africa in Washington D.C.
The two-part panel focused on ongoing threats in Africa’s so-called “Arc of Instability”, a region which encompasses the Sahel, the Lake Chad Region and the Horn of Africa.
AMOUNT: EUR 10 000 000
0 . MAJOR CHANGES SINCE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE HIP
Early 2014, ECHO has decided to open an ECHO Flight service in Chad and Mali. These services are financed until the end of April 2014 under the ECHO Flight HIP 2013 whose budget had been increased. Two additional Caravan C208 have been added to the fleet.
DAC Aviation International Ltd, a Kenya-based operator, has won the call for tender and is going to be the contract holder for the next 4 years.
Humanitarian need remains very high in many humanitarian crisis situations in Africa. Germany has therefore made an additional 8.2 million euros available for humanitarian relief projects run by UN organisations and NGOs in Africa.
Markus Löning, Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Policy and Humanitarian Aid, issued the following statement on the move:
Polio this week - As of 19 June 2013
JOHANNESBOURG, 26 novembre 2012 (IRIN) - Les crises de réfugiés semblent commencer et se terminer. En 2011, tous les yeux étaient tournés vers le complexe de réfugiés de Dadaab, dans le nord du Kenya, alors qu’il accueillait des centaines de milliers de Somaliens qui fuyaient la famine et le conflit. Cette année, c’est l’exode des réfugiés syriens qui a attiré l’attention du public, même si la majorité des Somaliens qui sont arrivés à Dadaab l’an dernier y sont toujours.
JOHANNESBURG, 21 November 2012 (IRIN) - Refugee crises appear to come and go. In 2011, all eyes were on the Dadaab refugee complex in northern Kenya as it received hundreds of thousands of Somalis fleeing famine and conflict. This year, attention has shifted to the refugee exodus from Syria, even though the majority of Somalis who arrived at Dadaab last year are still there.
1) With seasonal rains ending and as vegetation dries out, locust swarms have formed in Chad and are expected to form shortly in Niger and Mali. Swarms are then expected to migrate towards the north as well as potentially into cropping areas in western/central Mali.
Posted by Mollie Zapata on Jul 24, 2012
Editor’s Note: This post is a brief history, intended to provide a contextual background for understanding the complex issues that the Enough Project works on. It is part of the series Enough 101.
By Emma Batha
LONDON (AlertNet) – Chad, again on the brink of a food crisis, will keep lurching from one emergency to another unless donors overcome their “repetitive amnesia” on the country and tackle chronic malnutrition there, International Medical Corps (IMC) warns.
Aid groups have warned that hunger threatens between 5 and 9 million people in countries in Africa's Sahel region just below the Sahara including Chad, Niger, Mauritania, Burkina Faso and Mali.
Sunday, 27 November 2011
22.11.2011, Jeddah, KSA – The 279th meeting of the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank which convened on Sunday at IDB headquarters in Jeddah, expressed its satisfaction over IDB’s unprecedented level of financing during 2011: with an amount of $ 4.2 Million during the year, the IDB posted its highest annual achievement in terms of project financing, excluding financings by other IDB Group entities.
Announcing the launch of a book project that aimed to help establish libraries in refugee camps, a human rights activist and a United Nations refugee agency official said this afternoon that literature and education were critical for giving hope to children in dire straits.
Obama Administration Aid Waivers Undercut US Law
(New York, October 4, 2011) – The US government should reverse its decision to continue military assistance to governments using child soldiers, Human Rights Watch said today. On October 4, 2011, the Obama administration announced waivers to the Child Soldiers Prevention Act, allowing military assistance to Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Yemen despite the continued use of children in their armed forces.
30 June 2011 – Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today reiterated his concern over the growing number of attacks on schools and hospitals and threats to children in armed conflicts around the world, stating that the United Nations is considering targeted measures against those who commit such crimes.
The conflict that began in Libya on 17 February 2011 with a popular revolt against Gaddafi’s regime has triggered a mass exodus of the civilian population into neighbouring countries. Hundreds of thousands of people have fled, mainly into Tunisia and Egypt, as a result of attacks by Gaddafi’s forces on civilian populations, the rebellion and NATO bombings. Migrant workers and refugees from Sub-Saharan Africa have been particular targets of violence.
Le conflit déclenché en Libye, le 17 février 2011, par la révolte populaire contre le régime du Colonel Khadafi, a provoqué un exode massif dans les pays limitrophes. Les violences perpétrées par les forces de Khadafi contre les populations civiles, la guerre entreprise par les rebelles pour renverser le régime, ainsi que les bombardements de l’OTAN, ont contraint des centaines de milliers de personnes à fuir le pays. A cela s’ajoute des exactions spécifiques perpétrées à l’encontre des immigrés originaires d’Afrique sub-saharienne et qui les ont poussé à s’enfuir.