Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Mekunu - May 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Somalia: Flash Floods - Apr 2018
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2018
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- “Finally, I have been freed” – 150 Somali migrants return home after detention in Libya
- 2018 Somalia Flood Response Plan 15 May - 15 August 2018 (May 2018)
- Families urgently need food, clean water, medical support after Somaliland Cyclone
- UN pledges $2.7 million to help Somaliland communities affected by cyclone; urges focus on longer-term rebuilding
- Humanitarian Bulletin Somalia, 1 May - 3 June 2018
Soaring food prices over the past few months are taking their heaviest toll in countries like Bolivia and Kyrgyzstan, which depend on global markets for food staples and where families spend more than half their income on food.
ROME-Not all countries are affected by rising food prices in the same way. Here are six where food prices have risen sharply in recent months.
Bolivia has seen some of the sharpest rises in food costs to date.
Human Rights Council
Agenda item 3
Promotion and protection of all human rights, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, including the right to development
This report details the specific activities of the mandate and the Representative of the Secretary-General on the human rights of internally displaced persons, Walter Kälin, during the reporting period, until the end of his tenure on 31 October 2010.
23e et 24e séances plénières - matin et après-midi
Le Président de l'Assemblée, Joseph Deiss de la Suisse, s'est exprimé aujourd'hui à l'issue du débat général pour lancer un appel à l'adaptation de l'ONU aux réalités actuelles pour qu'elle puisse assumer pleinement son statut de « pièce maitresse du système de gouvernance mondiale ».
Reconnaissant la « réalité incontournable » du G-20, M.
Sixty-fifth General Assembly
Eight actual or potential conflict situations around the world deteriorated in March 2008, and four improved, according to the new issue of CrisisWatch released today.
Early results of Zimbabwe's 29 March presidential, parliamentary and municipal elections were strongly disputed, underlining the risk that escalated repression and unrest may follow but also highlighting the possibility of positive change.
The countries and contexts highlighted by MSF on this year's list accounted for just 18 minutes of coverage on the three major U.S.
"Ladies and gentlemen
On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Hellenic Republic and the Hellenic Agency for International Development Cooperation, the Hellenic AID, I would like to take this opportunity to give a warm welcome to the distinguished delegation from World Food Program, and to wish to you all a pleasant and enjoyable stay in Athens.